Formulator.NET is a free Form Builder for ASP.NET that enables you to create a wide range of forms on-the-fly for Internet and Intranet websites. Create Web forms easily with the Form Wizard, and customize the logic for how your administrative users manage form submissions. When you build a form with Formulator.NET, a full-featured administrative system is already in place to help you manage submissions, complete with an easy-to-use interface for viewing, modifying and performing other tasks on submissions such as changing statuses, adding comments, reassigning work, and tracking each submission's history. Search submissions based on a vast array of filters, or quickly locate a submission by simply supplying its reference number.
This free form builder has been used to quickly develop applications such as Web-based Employment Applications, Task Tracking, Help Desk Trouble Ticket and Loaner Reservation systems – systems which could otherwise take a programmer weeks to develop.
- On-the-fly form-builder: Create an entire form, complete with an administrative system in minutes.
- Departments: Group Administrative Users in Departments.
- System Roles: Manage users and assign roles. System roles include:
- Super Admin: Full control over all departments and forms
- Department Admin: Full control over users within the same department.
- Formulator: Ability to build forms.
- Task Handler: Manages department's form submissions.
- Custom Roles: Create custom roles which can be used to further restrict admin users from performing certain tasks, such as deleting submissions.
- Page Designer: Manage Custom Templates and upload your own stylesheets to make the forms’ look-and-feel consistent with your Website’s design. (Simply upload your HTML, or create it in the Rich-Text WYSIWYG editor.)*
- Form Activation: Make a form live or take it offline with the click of a button.
- Form Locking: Lock forms to prevent accidental modifications.
- Form Wizard: Build forms in an easy-to-use Wizard.
- Paging: Forms can consist of multiple pages and/or multiple sections.
- Conditions: Apply Conditions to pages, sections, questions, or answer controls; thus, showing or hiding each item based on user input from previous questions.*
- Workflow: Create a Workflow, thus assigning each submission to administrative users based on their roles and the submission’s current status.
- Status Sets: Create Status Sets to apply to forms; e.g., an Employment Application system might have a status set including the following statuses: Received, Reviewed, Interviewed, Background Checked, Hired, and On File.
- Autoresponders: Send Autoresponse emails to users when the form is submitted.
- Submission Notification: Send an Email notification to the form owner when a submission is received with the submission results, and/or save the data to the database.
- Work Queues: Submissions enter administrative users' Work Queues which behave similarly to email inboxes and can be managed easily from the admin tool.
- Work Tasks: Perform tasks on submissions such as Reassigning the work to another admin user, changing the Status, adding Comments, Editing the submission data, or deleting the submission.
- Logging: View Submission History which records all status changes, assignments, and comments.
- Multiple Fields: Assign multiple response types to a single question; e.g., The question, “What is the city and state in which you reside?” may have two fields – one text field for the user to enter the city name and one dropdown list with the state codes.
- Required Fields: Specify which response fields are Required Fields and which are optional.
- Control Types: Determine Control Types for each response:
- Rich-Text WYSIWYG editor
- Text Area
- Date Control
- File Upload
- Numeric Input
- Reference Numbers: Automatically assign Reference Numbers to submissions and quickly find a submission based on the reference number.
- Field Validation: Add date, Web link and email controls with validation (complete with a calendar pop up for the date control).
- Data Sources: Use data from external sources (i.e., another database on the server) to populate dropdownlists with answer options or upload responses from a csv file.
- Search Filters: Search Submissions and Filter by date, assignee, status, or question responses.
- Admin Homepage: Admin Homepage displays most recent projects, most active projects, and the most recently submissions in the user’s Work Queues.
- Easy to Use: Requires no coding -- simply install the database and web application and begin building forms.
- And more…
* The special features marked by an asterisk are not included or are limitted in the free form builder, but are available for purchase here.
The Formulator.NET application was designed and tested with the following software and, as such, the following serve as the product's requirements:
In addition to the above required software, the following is recommended (but not necessary):
- .NET Framework Version 2.0
- SQL Server 2005
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (for viewing documentation)
- Visual Studio 2008 (if you are purchasing source code to make modifications)
|| Formulator.NET (Basic) is the free version of the form builder. Note that some advanced features (marked by an asterisk in the features list above) are not included. Click here to visit the download page.
||Need more information? Click here for more details, including a live demo, downloadable documents, and licensing information.